The knowledge of how to use Kegel Balls will bring you everything but disappointment. The Kegel exercises are recommended by professionals to strengthen your pelvic muscles. And those suffering from pelvic disorders, performing Kegel exercise daily can help them release the tension between their pelvic muscles.
In this era, women are more conscious and aware of their body needs and what is best for them. That’s why they don’t hesitate to step forward and try daring things which can help them become stronger and more confident of themselves. Kegel Balls are used by millions of women around the world to strengthen their vaginal muscles.
Now, what are Kegel balls? Is this safe to use Kegel Balls? How to use Kegel Balls? Here is the ultimate guide to Kegel Balls to help you understand what are Kegel balls and how you can use this tool best? So, without any further ado let’s get started:
What Are Kegel balls?
Kegel Balls, also known as Ben Wa Balls, is a tool specifically designed to strengthen your vaginal/pelvic core. It helps tighten the muscles of your pelvic area by contracting and relaxing the muscles there. This tool is made of small weighted balls and is available in a variety of shapes and weights so, you can get what is best for you. But always be cautious and begin your Kegel exercises with lightweight Kegel Balls.
For centuries, women are using Kegel Balls and now its use is becoming more common than ever. Aside from their role in strengthening your pelvic muscles, these are also known to provide sexual pleasures to women. That’s a reason why Kegel Balls are also named Geisha Balls, Orgasm Balls, Pleasure Balls, Venus Balls, Jiggle Balls, etc.
What kinds of Kegel balls are there?
If you are a beginner and don’t know what type of Kegel balls you should use or how many types are out there then do your search before opting for anyone. Kegel Balls are available in varieties including electronic, vibrating, weighted, and some specifically designed for beginners. Kegel Balls are available in singles and doubles and as a beginner, it is recommended to go for single ones. As double Kegel Balls can be more challenging and strenuous for beginners.
The electronic Kegel Balls are also the best choice for those who want to do their own workouts. The multiple buttons and options on its controller will help you control the vibration and weight according to your desire during the workout or for pleasure. Some Kegel Balls came with their relevant mobile applications. These applications will let you control as well as let you know about the state of your pelvic muscles.
Some apps are like video games. You play the game on mobile and as you made advancements in-game the Kegel Balls will also keep advancing in stimulating your pelvic muscles.
In short, there are varieties of Kegel Balls available out there. Before buying one you can either consult your gynecologist or do your search and read reviews to get to know the specifications of different Kegel balls.
What are the material types of Kegel balls?
Aside from the physical appearance or different types, Kegel Balls also varied in the material they are made of. For example, Silicone, Plastic, Stainless steel, and even stone Kegel balls are available in the market.
The silicone-made Kegel Balls are most recommended by gynecologists as well as professionals. But if you want to be daring in your pleasure performance then go ahead and opt for stone and stainless-steel Kegel Balls as they are meant to provide intense sexual experience to their users.
The weights in Kegel Balls are not something dangerous if that’s your concern. The Kegel weights are also made of silicone and are latex-free, hypoallergenic, and resistant to bacteria, body-safe, and phthalate-free. But do keep in mind that only medically-approved Silicone has these properties. So, make sure the one you are buying is made of high-quality Silicone to avoid any kind of problems later.
How Do Kegel balls Work?
Kegel Balls works by tightening your pelvic muscles. These muscles are very important and are known to provide support to essential women's organs like the Bladder, Uterus, Vaginal canal, and rectum.
Kegel Balls are inserted in your vaginal area so make sure you are using the size and weight you are comfortable with. Then you can go on with your normal routine. The Kegel Ball will ignite a tingly sensation but it is nothing to be worried about. But the feeling will keep on increasing when you will move or walk a lot.
Now it depends on you how you like to use Kegel Balls. If you want Kegel Balls to strengthen your pelvic core, then perform pelvic floor exercises with Kegel Balls inserted in your vaginal area. But if you want to experience the sexual feeling then just go on with your daily routine and let the Kegel balls intensify your sexual desires.
Step By Step Use of Kegel Balls
Here is how to use Kegel Balls properly:
- First of all, wash your handsthoroughly with soap or handwash.
- Also, wash your Kegel Ballswith anti-bacterial soap and warm water. As unclean Kegel Balls can be unhygienic and cause allergies. Also, dry them off with a clean towel.
- Now, before inserting make sure to moisturize your Kegel Balls. You can use water-based lubesor oil-based lubes, whatever you want. The main purpose here is to make the inserting process easier.
- Don’t forget to apply a generous amount of lube to your vaginalarea As it will soften and prepare the muscles to make the balls inserting process comfortable.
- After you are done preparing your Kegel Balls, lie down on your bed with your legs wide open. The spread-eagle position is preferred as it opens the pelvic muscles and you can easily insert balls in your vagina.
- Now, slowly with relaxed hands insert the Kegel balls in your Vagina. If you are using a single Kegel ball then after inserting the ball inside, leave the removal string outside.
- If you are using doubles, then you must have seen that the two balls are connected with a string. So, after inserting the first ball, do insert the string, attached to the other ball, inside. Then push the second ball inside. Here, also make sure you leave the removing string outside, to remove the Kegel Balls later.
- Once Kegel Balls are inside, close your legs and tighten your pelvic area muscles around the Kegel balls to prevent them from falling out.
- Now to remove them, lie down again with your legs wide open. Add more lube to the opening and slowly pull out the Kegel balls by the removable string hanging outside.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the size and weight you are using and it is not causing any kind of pain. Also, check that when you walk or stand, the balls are not coming out. If so, slightly push them more inside.
- If the ball does not come out. Do not panic. Start walking briskly or jump up and down several times. Coughing hard can also coax the Kegel Balls out of your vagina. Moreover, pushing your vaginal muscles can help in the Kegel Balls removal.
- Don’t use your Kegel Balls for more than 4 to 6 hours and do not overuse them. It can cause temporary strains in the vagina which can hurt a little bit. Using Kegel balls 3 to 4 times a week is the perfect practice.
What are the Benefits of Using a Kegel ball?
The benefits of using Kegel Balls lie in the reason why you are using this tool. Here are the benefits of Kegel Balls depending on why you are using these;
1. Benefits of Kegel Balls in Pelvic Exercises
The effectiveness of Kegel exercises increases as the weight of Kegel balls increases. As a beginner, start with pelvic floor exercises without Kegel balls. Then after a day or two start doing pelvic floor exercises with light-weighted Kegel Balls. After you get comfortable with light-weighted Kegel Balls, increase the weight. It will be more challenging and will strengthen your pelvic muscles.
For workouts, insert the perfectly lubed Kegel Balls in your vagina (also lubed). Now hold the pelvic muscles tight around the Kegel Balls. After 5 seconds relax the muscles. Then again after 5 seconds tighten the muscles around.
It will make your pelvic muscles stronger and will tighten your core.
2. Benefits of Kegel Balls in Solo Sexual Pleasure
If you want to dive into self-exploration and want to understand your body better than Kegel Balls can help you in this regard too. Kegel Balls are not like your traditional sex toys. So, you can use these in multiple ways aside from pushing these in and out of your Vagina. Here are two other ways you can use Kegel Balls to gain self-pleasure:
- Firstly, if you are thinking about pushing Kegel Balls in and out of your vagina then do keep in mind that leaving the Kegel Balls inside the vagina can provide more sexual pleasurethe former way. Push the Kegel Balls in and start contracting and relaxing your muscles around this tool. Once the sensation intensifies and you are naturally lubricated, start exploring your body and dive into the feeling of pleasure.
- The second way of experiencing solo sexual pleasure is by using Kegel Balls along with your traditional vibrator. For this purpose, insert the Kegel Balls inside yourvagina (make sure it is lubed) and then hold your vibrator on your Clitoris to enhance the feeling. Once your muscles start squeezing around Kegel Balls move your vibrator from the clitoris to your vaginal opening. It will start vibrating the Kegel Balls which in return will help you in reaching your solo pleasure. You can use Vibrating Kegel balls for this purpose along with your vibrator.
3. Benefits of Kegel balls in Intercourse
Kegel Balls can help steam up the whole situation during your vaginal sex. Using Kegel Balls before intercourse and when your partner is fore-playing with your body, will make the vaginal muscles sensitive and it will ultimately lead to a more intense sexual experience both for you and your partner.
Leaving Kegel Balls inside your vagina and performing anal sex with your partner can also steam things up. As anal sex will push Kegel palls (inside your vagina) towards the G-spot which can help you in reaching your orgasm with more pleasure.
Never insert the Kegel balls in your Anus. It can cause discomfort and there are high chances it can get stuck there.
How to Choose the Right Kegel ball for You?
As a beginner, choosing the right Kegel Balls can be a little tricky for you. That’s why thorough research is necessary. You can always consult your gynecologist or sex professional to help you in choosing the right Kegel Balls for you.
Kegel Balls come in varieties of shapes, sizes, and materials. So, for a beginner, you should focus on one element at a time. For example, you can start by choosing lightweight Kegel Balls and when you are comfortable with the weight you can add other elements with it. Once you get to know how you can use these, you can easily update to heavily weighted and bigger size Kegel Balls to enhance your pleasure moments or to exercise more challenging Kegel Workouts.
There are different brands out there offering high-quality silicone, plastic, steel, stone, and glass Kegel Balls. To begin your experience with Kegel Balls, opt for soft materials like plastic and silicone. Also, many budget-friendly Kegel Balls are the best in everything. So, for your help, here are the best Kegel Balls you can buy easily from a sex-toy shop or online from Amazon or their respective websites:
- Elvie Trainer Kegel Exerciser is Best Overall
- We-Vibe Bloom Vibrating Balls are the Best Vibrating category
- K-fit Kegel Toner is the Best Electronic category
- Intimate Rose Kegel Exercise Weights is Best Weighted
- kGoal Kegel Exercise Trainer is Best in Mobile App category
- Intimina Kegel Smart Exerciser is Best for Beginners
- Joy On Kegel Ball is Best in the Budget-friendly category
- Perifit Kegel Exerciser is Best for Incontinence
- Infinite Premium Kegel Exercise Kit is best for Kegel Exercises
- OMOteam Kegel Balls are best for gaining high sensitivity
- Secretly Yours Kegel Ben Wa Balls is best in Stainless Steel Category
- JIC Gem Yoni is the best Crystal Quartz Stone Kegel Ball
Kegel balls vs Vibrating egg
The main difference between Kegel balls and Vibrating eggs (Love Eggs) is clear with the word “Vibrating”. The Kegel Balls are usually non-vibrating and used for strengthening the Pelvic Floor muscles. You have to squeeze your muscles around the Kegel Balls to activate and tighten your pelvic floor. In short, Kegel Balls are used as an exercise tool.
While on the other hand, Love Eggs or Vibrating eggs come with an attached controller to control the vibration intensity. Love Eggs are designed specifically for love, sexual, and sensual experiences unlike Kegel Balls which tend to focus more on your Vaginal and Pelvic health and strengthening.
How to Clean, Care, Storage?
After the usage, doesn’t matter for pleasure or a workout, the cleaning of Kegel Balls is a crucial step. Otherwise, it can cause vaginal infections. Here is how you can clean your Kegel Balls after using them:
- Put your Kegel Balls under warm water.
- Apply anti-bacterial soap on itand rub thoroughly but gently and again wash with water.
- Now apply the usual soap and further clean out the Kegel Balls and the string attached with it.
- After washing, dry the Kegel Balls with a dry clean towel. Don’t rub the towel and tryto pat dry. Once you have dried off the excess water you can also air dry to make sure your Kegel Balls are completely dry.
- Once, you are sure, there is no moisturizing left you can store them in the case in which they come.Or you can store these at safe dry places. Make sure to keep the Kegel Balls out of the reach of children.
Homemade & DIY a Kegel ball and Safety Considerations
Never use DIY Kegel Balls! The things people have been using as the DIY Kegel balls include; round stones, porous Kegel Balls, Jewelry, anything round and small with a string attached.
Just because it can go inside your vagina and have a string attached to it doesn’t mean it can act as a Kegel ball for you.
- Stones have been in use as Kegel Balls for a long timebut these are not that safe. By stones, we mean here the jade eggs which can carry harmful bacteria on their surface and can damage the vaginal muscles when used for a long time.
- Some low-quality Kegel Ballsmight be available to you easily. But it doesn’t mean you should use them These Kegel Balls are made of porous material and can become home to many bacteria even if you will clean them afterward. In short, porous Kegel balls can cause allergic infections in your vagina which can also get fatal.
- Some people don’t understand the difference between Kegel Balls and other arts and crafts objects with strings attached to them. Not every round or oval balls with strings attached to them are Kegel Balls. You can’t just go around your house and create your Kegel Balls as it can cause serious damage to your vaginal muscles and instead of strengthening it can weaken your pelvic floor.
So, forget the DIY Kegel Balls and search the budget-friendly balls if that’s your concern. You can easily find dozens of Kegel Balls that are effective as well as budget-friendly.
So, that’s it for now. Here is everything you need to know about Kegel Balls. We hope our article here helps you in better understanding what are Kegel balls and how to use Kegel balls. To sum up, Kegel Balls are the perfect tool for pelvic floor exercises as well as for sexual pleasures. In short, it would be safe to say that using Kegel Ball is a perfect way to kill two birds with one stone. So, don’t wait and go-ahead to start your journey towards a tight and strong pelvic floor.
If you want to learn more about Kegel Exercise, click “Kegel Exercise Guide | What is Kegel exercise, how to do it”.